Friday, November 27, 2015

To-Go Makeup: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Look + My Opinion



Hey guys,

I told you I won the Urban Decay (UD) Naked Smoky palette. I was really excited because I have never tried a Naked palette before. It’s honestly nothing I would have ever bought myself. I am more for the fun exciting colorful palettes. Still I was so so so excited to try out this new palette and play with some of the shades.
 


What you need:

  • Eyeshadow base (as Urban Decay Primer Potion)
  • Taupe base (as Kiko Color Up Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in #24)
  • Matt champagne eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in Thirteen)
  • Tan colored eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in Combust)
  • Dark grey eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in Password)
  • Dark purple eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in Smolder)
  • Black eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in Blackmarket)
  • Shimmery champagne eyeshadow (as UD eyeshadow in High)
  • Mascara
  • Optional: brow powder
  • Concealer (as Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the lightest shade)
  • Primer (as Smashbox Photo Finish primer)
  • Foundation (as Lancome Teint Idole foundation in 02)
  • Setting powder
  • Bronzer (as Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Stellar)
  • Peachy pink blush (as Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso)
  • Golden highlighter (as Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Angelic)
  • Mauve pink lip liner
  • Pink lip gloss


So to be honest, I wasn’t impressed by the palette. The darker shades like Smolder and Password were quite muddy. I feel like UD has issues with matte formulas. I prefer the shimmery shades (and therefore my Vice palette) much more. I like that you could do a full eyelook just with this palette, but then it’s too boring for me, actually. I think High is a gorgeous shade that I will use a lot to bring dimension to the look. Other than that I enjoy Thirteen and Combust and I see myself using them a lot as basic shadows for different looks. So this palette is great for beginners that are a bit hesitant and don’t wanna rock dramatic looks. For me personally it’s just not enough. But I think I’ll still use many of those shades in combination with more exciting eyeshadows from other palettes. :)

Follow me on Twitter as well.  :)

Take care, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment