Saturday, April 18, 2015

Makeup for Hooded Eyes: Classic Smokey Eye



Hey guys,

This upcoming series is dedicated to hooded eyes. I always had this shape of eyes and I never understood why makeup looked so different on me. I lot of the makeup trends look a bit weird when you have hooded eyes, especially cut crease looks and super long lashes. But there’s a lot of things that just look great with hooded eyes. That’s what I’d like to focus on during this series.

This first look is a classic smokey eye using taupe colors. I think any eyeshape looks great with this kind of makeup look. So I would suggest you just try it and see yourself. The most important thing with hooded eyes is to start dark at the lash line and fade out as you go up. Don’t try to emphasize the crease because usually that doesn’t look so great.




What you need:

  • Eyeshadow base (as Urban Decay Primer Potion)
  • Taupe base (as Kiko Color Up Long Lasting Eyeshadow in #24)
  • Light taupe eyeshadow
  • Dark taupe eyeshadow
  • Dark grey eyeshadow
  • Black eyeliner pencil
  • Skintone colored eyeshadow
  • Shimmery white eyeshadow
  • Mascara
  • Concealer (as Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in 03 Fair)
  • Setting powder
  • Contour color (as Bobbi Brown blush stick in Suede + Nyx blush in Taupe)
  • Peach blush
  • Peach lipstick (as Rimmel Show Off lip color in Luna)


I think this will be a fun series and I can’t wait to hear your feedback.

Follow me on Twitter as well.  :)

Take care, bye!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment