Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To-Go Make-Up: Nyx Tutorial and Thx to Amy


Hey guys,

Remember that Contest Time thing? Guess what, I won. And this is my make-up look to thank Amy.

I used the Nyx stuff she send me, which will be listed below, but I forgot to use the foundation sample she gave me. :/ I am sorry. I will try that, too, soon.

What can I say about the things? First the pencil: I love it. It’s really great and doesn’t crease as much as Black Bean. And that’s great!
The palette is also great. I used it for another look and I am impressed. Well, the lighter colors don’t show up as well as they seem to in the palette but the darker colors are quite pigmented and pretty. Loooove.

 
This lipstick is a bummer. I was so impressed by the eye stuff, but this lipstick is just not great at all. It creases (do you say that for lip products, too?) and it emphasizes all lines and damages on your lips. It’s way too creamy. The color is so great, so I tried to use some concealer as a base for the lipstick. That does destroy the color on the one hand and doesn’t help all the lines on the other hand. I don’t know what to do with it just because of the color. :( Even plotting doesn’t help.

Find Amy's blog here: http://amyincyberland.blogspot.com

What you need:
  • Eyeshadow base (as Mac Paint Pot in Girlfriendly)
  • Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Slate
  • Golden eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx Jazz Night palette)
  • Dark green eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx Jazz Night palette)
  • White eyeliner (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
  • Dark blue eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx Jazz Night palette)
  • Lighter blue eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx Jazz Night palette)
  • Black eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Concealer
  • Orangey lipstick (as Nyx Black Label Lipstick in 109 India)
  • Peachy blush (as Mac Blushcreme in Ladyblush)
 On its own.

On some concealer.

I hope you enjoy this look and check out Amy. I am sure she will do more great give-aways like that one.


Take care, bye!

With flash.




I’d like to have this thing, so please click once. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment