Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nina Hagen: Eating Butterflies Make-up


Hey guys,

I did a new Nina Hagen look with a friend. Maybe you already know her from another video. The inspiration for this look is here:

Well, what could I say about this look. The way this picture was edited doesn’t make it easier to guess what the actual make-up looked like. But though I chose this one to present it here. Why? Because I liked it and it is not similar to other Nina looks you will find.

The special thing is the blue eyeshadow in combination with a peachy blush and peachy lipstick. I tried to create a wearable version of this color madness. So maybe it is not the most typical look of hers but it’s fresh, different and pretty…


What you need:
  • Concealer
  • Pastel blue eyeshadow
  • Shimmery blue eyeshadow
  • Turquoise eyeshadow
  • Blue eyeshadow
  • Darker blue eyeshadow
  • Darkest blue eyeshadow
  • Black eyeshadow
  • Black gel eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink)
  • Foundation
  • Bronzer (as the one of the Tarte Jewelry Box)
  • Orange blush
  • Optional: Natural colored lipstick (as Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Carnation)
  • Orange colored lipstick

The reason I used two lipsticks is that I wanted the orange to be a little more pastel looking. The orange lipstick on its own would have looked too dark.

And sorry for that ridiculous eyelining part but she wanted me to show that. :D


Take care, bye!


I’d like to have this thing, so please click once. :)

 Just for fun. :D

1 comment: