Monday, May 2, 2011

April Girl: The Golden Thunderstorm


Hey guys,

Say hi to my April Girl. I called it Golden Thunderstorm since I think it goes well with the look. But also because there was a thunderstorm when we were trying to take some nice pictures. My best friend finally had the idea of using an umbrella and I think those pictures are the most beautiful ones we took that day.

The umbrella was a present I gave her for Christmas. I bought it on Amazon, it’s a Lisbeth Dahl umbrella and costs about 30 Euro.

The outfit itself is really simple and casual. We didn’t want to do something dramatic with this look. She wears a black dress which goes down to the knee. Underneath she has black leggings. Those black peep toe shoes are her favorite ones but they weren’t comfortable at all. She also wears a black bolero and some bracelets which are crème colored and golden. I wanted to put this color on the eyes, too, to tie everything together.

I love golden and purple colors mixed together. Since the clothes are so simple, we went really crazy and dramatic with the eyes. I layered many shades of both golden and purple eyeshadows to get this really vibrant and shimmery result. If you wanna wear this don’t be afraid of toning it down to a wearable look. It still looks fabulous. Promised. :D

The lashes are really cool but not wearable at all. And the storm managed to get them off at the ends. We took the close shots afterwards, so that’s why they look so damaged.

Now enjoy the video. I hope you like it. 



What you need: (All the gaps will be filled in tomorrow!)
  • Black base (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean)
  • White base (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
  • Beige colored eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx palette)
  • Crème colored eyeshadow (as the one of the Nyx palette)
  • Golden eyeshadow
  • Golden pigment (as)
  • Golden glitter (as)
  • Purple eyeshadow
  • Purple pigment (as)
  • Black eyebrow powder
  • Black eyeliner
  • Black gel liner (as Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink)
  • False lashes (as)
  • Foundation, Concealer
  • Pink lipliner
  • Pink lipstick
  • Purple lipstick
  • Contour color (optional: layer a lighter and darker one)
  • Powder
  • Pink blush


So again this was a great experience. It’s so much fun to work with different people and get to know some pretty girls. I hope you enjoy the video and the pictures and let me know what you think.


Enjoy your day, bye.


I’d like to have this thing, so please click once. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment