Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Color Xtreme: The Grape


Hey guys,

I am in Italy right now but my boyfriend is uploading this for you. :)

I did this look before I left Germany for my friend because she was visiting a costume party and was going as a grape. I loved the idea so much that I had to create a grape look for our Color Xtreme series and I think it’s a great one.

If it is too much for you you can always calm down the colors and do not apply them as high as I did, but the combination of purple and dark green is one of my favorites. But always be aware that this can also look like you’ve been punched in the eye so be careful and blend well. :D

Now enjoy this tutorial.





What you need:
  • Black base (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean)
  • Optional: Water or mixing medium to get the brush wet
  • Purple pigment
  • Dark green eyeshadow (I would not use a matt one)
  • White or light highlight color
  • Optional: glitter color
  • Black gel or liquid eyeliner
  • Black eyeshadow
  • Black eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Grayish purple colored eyebrow powder
  • White eyeliner pencil (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
  • Pale pink glitter color
  • Concealer, foundation, powder
  • Contour color (optional: grayish purple color)
  • Pink blush, highlighter
  • Pink lipliner
  • Purple lipstick or purple pigment on top
  • A little bit gloss

I hope you have fun with this look and maybe you can dress up like a grape, too. My friend won the prize for the second best costume. ;)


Take care, bye.

This is the most beautiful picture I've ever taken. Doesn't it look like I had a whole studio and best lighting? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment