Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Color Xtreme: Fierce Lips


Hey guys,

It’s not one look waiting for you today but there are 5 new looks I want to show you. I wanted to do some fierce lip looks and decided to put them all in one video. Tell me what you think about it.

First I wanted to show you how to get fuller looking lips. With a few tricks and the right lighting you can pump them up so easily. Watch the first video to learn how to do that.

Then I have got 4 really fierce looks for you. The first one reminded me of a reptile because it looks kind of ill. My friend was shopping with this look and many people starred at her. (Brave friend, hm?) This look is cool if it goes with your style or if you’re going to a costume party.
The next one is the heart inspired by the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. I looooove this make-up and thinking of fierce lip looks it’s a must have.
The lightning bold is inspired by the cover of the new album of a German band called Juli. I don’t really like the music but when I first saw this cover I was like – Gosh, you have to do this lip look! And it’s definitely my favorite one.
The last look is just something fun I wanted to do. I wanted to see how well the pigment would blend into the lipstick but it wasn’t as good as I expected it to be. Though I quite like the look.

If you wanna see those looks watch the second part of the video!





What you need:
Eyes
  • Eyeshadow base
  • Concealer or base
  • Very pale eyeshadow or powder (as Mac Gesso or Brule)
  • Optional: white eyeshadow
  • Liquid or gel eyeliner (as Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black Ink)
  • White eyeliner pencil (as Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk)
  • Mascara

Face
  • Concealer
  • Optional: foundation
  • Powder
  • Pink blush
  • Brow powder

Fuller lips
  • Moisturize your lips!!!
  • Concealer
  • Shimmery highlight color (cool or warm depending on your skin tone)
  • Optional: Lipliner
  • Your favorite lipstick
  • Lipgloss (only on the middle of your bottom lip)
  • Glittery pigment

Reptile
  • Red lipliner
  • Red lipstick
  • Red pigment to set the lipstick
  • Clear lipgloss
  • Blue pigment

Heart
  • Concealer
  • Powder to set the concealer
  • Pink or red lipliner
  • Nude lipstick
  • You definitely need a brush for this look!
  • Red lipstick

Lightning bold
  • Concealer
  • Powder to set the concealer
  • Blue pigment
  • Optional: mixing medium, or simply water on your brush
  • Nude lipstick
  • You definitely need a brush for this look!

Paint it pink
  • Pink lipliner
  • Pink lipstick
  • Purple pigment
  • Optional: mixing medium
  • Pink lipgloss
  • Optional: pink glitter pigment

Wow, this is a lot of text and maaaaany pictures. It was so fun to do, it took us two days. I hope you enjoyed this little lip special and if you like it, please comment. Tell me, whatever you think about it. :)



Take care, bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment